New York - Unclaimed Property

Below you will find information on how to claim your funds from the New York unclaimed money program. These funds are being held by New York. To claim them you will have to follow the below instructions and contact New York directly.

Claim instructions:
To file a claim for funds held by the state you must find your name in the online database. Then you must click the link on this page to the unclaimed money claim form. Then print it, fill it out and mail in your claim to the state address shown on this page. Remember to include a copy of your identification and any other information the form specifies.

Office of the State Comptroller Office of Unclaimed Funds 110 State Street Albany, New York 12236
Phone: 1-518-270-2200


If you are claiming lost money for someone who is deceased, please click here for an example of what information you may need to file your claim.

Go Back To Search Results

Unclaimed Money | How It Works | Guarantee | Privacy | Lost Money News | Order Now | Search Records

Copyright © 2004-2018 All Rights Reserved.

Contact Our Support Desk, Click Here

By use of this site you are specifically agreeing to the terms of use posted on this site. You should click here to review them now.

When you perform a free trial search on we display the total dollar amount in unclaimed funds that we show reported by the appropriate government agencies. This does not guarantee that this money is 100% absolutely government agencies under your name and common variations of your name at the last time we had the information available to us was reported as Unclaimed and is able to have a claim form submitted to be paid that amount. For more information please read our terms of use by clicking the link above.